For the love of photography, the view of nature, and the beach itself, here are some photos and video clips taken from when me and my two good roommates went to a beach in Olango Island on May 1st. How we got here, how much we spent and our experience are elaborated below the photos. 😊
(This photo right here is taken at the pier.)
How we got here:
We live in a dorm in Colon St (the main downtown) in Cebu City. From there we took 3 rides (all jeepneys) to get to the pier as we wanted to save. If it had been a taxi, I’m sure it would have cost us more even when we were 3. The island is located in Lapu-lapu City.
1. From Colon St, we took a jeepney (01K) that goes to Parkmall in Mandaue City. The fare was 10 Php.
2. From Parkmall we took a jeepney that goes to Brgy. Soong in Lapu-lapu City. We got off at Mactan Newtown. The fare was 14 Php.
3. From there, we took a tricycle to get to the pier and paid 8 Php.
4. At the pier, we purchased a ticket for the boat and paid 12 Php. (This is the only pier for the route Mactan to Olango Island.)
5. After arriving in Olango Island, we took a tricycle and told the driver we wanted to get to Blu-ba-u beach. We paid him 20 Php.
*So we spent 10 + 14 + 8 + 12 + 20 = 64 to get there, or (64 × 2 =) 128 back and fourth. Pretty cheap?
Our experience at the beach:
We went there on a budget and aside from beaching, we really just wanted to be in a new place we’d never been before without having to spend a lot. We paid the 10 Php entrance but we didn’t rent any of the cottages even when it would only cost 50 Php for each of us, as aside from the fare, we had to spend on food. On our way we bought some food because we were not sure if there would be some stores there.
Aside from the cottages, the place also has a volleyball / badminton net available. There is a toilet and at the same time a shower room. (I think there’s a 10 Php fee for the water.) If you love singing, there is a karaoke and you can sing two songs for only 5 Php. As for the food, I suggest that you bring your own food so you can also save.
We enjoyed swimming, playing with the white sand, and taking pictures under the very hot sun. We enjoyed singing as well. We actually just lived every moment we had in that paradise.
I took a short clip of this beach featuring Shalala Beach, the beach beside it (not nearby beach like I said in this video. haha 😂 . Sorry! 😀 I guess, I just kind of lose myself each time I record.😞)
Going home. Does this guy look familiar?! 😅
*We didn’t wait for the sunset because there’s another place we really wanted to visit and it’s what my next trip post is about. 😊 Thank you for reading! 💕